The Top 6 Things You Can Start Doing Today To Help Ease Your Arthritic Knee Pain
Please make sure you check with your primary doctor first before taking any supplements or starting an exercise program, but here’s a list of the top 6 things that you can start doing today to help ease your arthritic knee pain:
1. Start taking glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM. I recommend Chondrocare from Metagenics to my patients. In my opinion has the highest quality glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM product available. If you’d like to purchase a bottle call my office and we’ll be happy to ship it to you (as long as you live in North America).
2. Take real Cod liver oil. It is a great source of omega 3 and Vitamin D. Research indicates that bone, joint and muscle pain is exacerbated if there are low levels of Vitamin D. Research also indicates that patients who take NON SYNTHETIC, HIGH QUALITY glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin, and MSM ALONG WITH OMEGA 3 notice a significant difference in their arthritic pain. The latest scientific findings show that people who combine glucosamine and omega 3 get up to 80% pain relief, with decreased morning stiffness. Pain in the hips was reduced by over 48% and in the knees by more than 55%. One of the last real cod liver oils made is Blue Ice™ Fermented Cod Liver Oil (2-3 capsules daily). This can be purchased at any good health food store. Please note: most cod liver oil today is stripped from vitamin D and lots of other nutrients. Some are replaced with synthetic vitamin D but that’s not what you want. So make sure it is real, raw and fermented cod liver oil.
3. Drink plenty of water (cartilage is made up of 70% water), and avoid caffeine.
4. Stop eating processed foods and sugars. This is pretty straight forward.
5. Try to keep your diet at least one-third raw whole foods (fruits, vegetables, nuts). Keep in mind red meat has arachidonic acid which causes an inflammatory reaction in the body and often exacerbates arthritic symptoms.
6. Start exercising only once you are no longer in the acute stage otherwise you will probably damage the joint more.
The bones, joints, and connective tissue are living tissue and in a constant state of renewal and restoration. Therefore, simple changes in your lifestyle like taking high quality vitamins, supplements, and changing your diet and activity level can make a real difference in easing your arthritic knee pain.
If you’d like to conservatively treat your arthritis knee pain and you live in the Dallas, Fort Worth or surrounding areas call our office at 214-596-1051 to find out if you’re a candidate for Dr. Schnee’s Cold Laser Knee Program.
Or if you would like more information about Dr. Schnee’s Cold Laser Knee Program fill out the form on the right side of this screen to get your FREE report mailed to you entitled, Amazing Cold Laser Therapy the Missing Link to Knee Pain Relief!
Dr. Alexandra K. Schnee, B.S.,D.C.,-Your Cold Laser Doctor for the Non-Surgical Treatment of Knee Pain in the Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas Area-“ Dr. Schnee’s Cold Laser Knee Program Has Been Helping People with Knee Pain and Joint Pain Get Pain Relief in the Dallas, Fort Worth and surrounding areas since 2001.”
Arthritis: Combination of Glucosamine and Cod Liver Oil Best. Health Alert. August 2010, Volume 27, Issue 8
Dallas-Fort Worth: Dr. Schnee, D.C. explains the Top 6 things you can do to Help Arthritic Knee Pain without having to do Knee Surgery,Knee Injections.